El veirnes pasado mis hijos fueron a Texas con su abuela. So, while the boys are in Texas with their grandmother for the next month, I'm learning Spanish. Thanks, duolingo!
I don't do much for personal fun when the boys are around; so far I've:
- seen two movies — Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing (which I recommend) and Now You See Me (which I don't)
- had lunch with a friend
- had a different lunch with another friend
- gone to a baby shower
- had dinner and gaming at a friend's house
- attended the local kink group's sampler
- gone out to dinner with my husband
- got my Neverwinter control mage to 60
- learned enough Spanish to say "Last Friday my sons went to Texas with their grandmother."
In three days I've done more than I'd done in the past three months. I love my boys dearly and look forward to their return, but I plan on stuffing as much activity as possible into my remaining freedom.
This kind of thing (from an email their grandmother sent) makes me a little wistful though:
Miles has a runny nose right now. Hard for me to keep a straight face when as I'm wiping his nose, he looks at me & says, "Stop...enough...ok?"